TEACHER QUICK-START GUIDE
PDF version of these instructions for downloading or printing
Step 1: BEFORE YOU START
See How to set up your account for more detailed guidance.
You will need a Teacher’s Manual code to access the complete Cambridge Latin Course online environment on Cambridge GO. This gives access to:
- Teacher Manual
- Answers to exercises
- Student worksheets
- Digital Student’s Book
Your Teacher’s Manual code should have arrived by email. If you do not have an access code, contact your local representative.
Step 2: ACCESS YOUR ONLINE RESOURCES
- Visit Cambridge GO: cambridge.org/go.
- Click 'Create a teacher account’.
- Use your school email address if possible, as this makes account management simpler.
- Choose a strong password.
- You can choose to register your school (see below) or skip until later.
To activate your Teacher’s Manual:
- Click ‘Add new resources’.
- Enter your 16-character access code.
You can add more digital resources to your GO account at any time
Please note that we are moving our products and services to Cambridge GO. If you or your students have Elevate access codes for Cambridge Latin Course, they can be activated in Cambridge GO.
Step 3: REGISTER YOUR SCHOOL
We recommend registering your school in Cambridge GO, as it enables you to choose the email addresses and passwords used by your students. This makes it far easier for you to support students who have lost their password, and easier for Cambridge to assist the school.
- Click ‘Join a school’ as you register, or find this option later in the drop-down menu under your profile.
- Search for your school.
- If we already have a record for your school, you can request to join.
- If not, you will be asked for some more information that our team will use to process your request.
See How to register your schoolfor more detailed information.
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 3 WORKING DAYS FOR YOUR SCHOOL REGISTRATION. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL WHEN THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.
Step 4: SETTING UP YOUR STUDENTS BEFORE YOU START
See How to bulk upload teachers and studentsfor more detailed guidance.
- Once your school is registered, you can upload a spreadsheet of your colleagues and students.
- Click on your profile.
- Your school profile screen gives you a code in the format XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX that can be shared with teachers and allows them to join your school.
- To bulk upload, choose ‘Manage users’.
- Download ‘User template.’ This is a spreadsheet file that you will use to add in student and teacher data.
- Complete the spreadsheet. We recommend uploading all of your colleagues as admins, so that they can assist students.
- Go back to the ‘Manage users’ area and click ‘Upload user data.’
Send each of your students the following:
- Their email and password
- A Student’s Book code
- The Student Quick-Start Guide